As mentioned in number one, a cutting board and multiple cheese knives are a must.
Now on to the fun stuff! Let’s start small and talk about the sides first. Sides? Aren’t they all sides Sarah? Ah, my antipasto students, you have so much to learn.
- Fruit: strawberries, grapes, etc.
- Crackers: I found these delicious Open Nature Wafer Thins in the deli section of Safeway
- Sliced sourdough bread
- Dried apricots
- Fig jam
- Marcona almonds or other nuts: Trader Joe’s has Truffle Marcona Almonds that are to die for!
It is still an ongoing debate amongst scholars whether the cheese or the meat of an antipasto platter is more important, but let’s not get involved in that and dig into the “main dish” of your platter.
- Honey Bee, Goat’s Milk Gouda
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Swiss Gruyere
- Salami Roll-Ups: Dazzle your guests with this easy and delicious recipe:
- Ingredients: salami, cream cheese, pepperchinis
- Spread a small amount of cream cheese on the salami and add pepperchinis
- Roll up and add toothpick to keep it closed
- Genoa Nuggets
- 2013 Zinfandel, Rockpile from Rock Wall
- 2012 Stone Patch Malbec from Darcie Kent
- 2013 Toboni Vineyard Pinot Noir from Gary Farrell
- 2013 Selected Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon from Concannon
It pays to subscribe!Subscribe now and get 10% off your first blissful merchandise purchase immediately.