It is almost Labor Day, do you have your plans set? On event that we try to attend every year is Livermore’s Harvest Wine Celebration. So many wineries, so much to experience! Here is everything you need to know:
The Livermore Valley Harvest Wine Celebration is set for Labor Day Weekend on Sunday, September 2, 2018. Each of over 35 local wineries will be showcasing Livermore Valley wine, food, art, crafts and music at their own property. This format lets everyone experience the true personality of each winery through its wines, people, architecture and activities. Ticket prices have been rolled back to $40 in advance and $45 at the event. Click here for advance ticket sales and details. Most wineries will honor event wristbands for free tasting on Monday as well.
“The Harvest Wine Celebration has showcased the individuality of our Livermore Valley wineries for 35 years, and we thought it was time to try moving it to a single location,” said Chris Chandler, executive director of the Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association. “But, by the time the 2017 festival was canceled due to an extreme heat forecast of 109 degrees, both Mother Nature and fans of this event had spoken: this festival belongs at the individual wineries.”
Some of the event highlights include:
- Embodied Wines, Livermore Valley’s newest winery, will give guests a sneak peek at their 5,000-square-foot tasting room that will open this fall.
- Concannon Vineyard will host an Escape Room for ticketed guests
- Murrieta’s Well will offer vineyard tours every hour
- Retzlaff Estate Winery will give a cork demonstration and tours of the historic estate and organic vineyard and garden
- Bottle your own Cuvee at Eckert Estate Winery
- Aroma bar at Big White House Winery
- Discussions with the winemaker at Wood Family Vineyards
- Guided tour of the vineyards at Page Mill winery discussing organics, and the transition to biodynamic farming
- Garré Vineyard & Winery will host bocce ball and lawn games
- Wente Vineyards will serve up barrel samples with a food pairing at the Estate Tasting Room on Tesla Road
- el Sol Winery will present beekeeping demonstrations throughout the day
The event runs from noon to 5pm on Sunday, September 2, 2018. See you there!
It pays to subscribe!Subscribe now and get 10% off your first blissful merchandise purchase immediately.